“First, have a definite, clear practical ideal; a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends; wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end”. –Aristotle
SPY made a gap up opening & it fades near 190, found support at 187.7 as broad indexes are oversold. OIL barely holds green & keeps fading on $31.5
Notably, IBB upholds the summer of ’14 pivot high at 275, now becomes support.
DIA + 1.41% QQQ + 2.13% IBB + 4.03% SPY + 1.64%
OIL + .29% GOLD +.06
Notable stock action:
- TSLA broke 200 level and found support at 193/195 (Aug 24 low), & bounced to $210. 8% reversal
- AAPL held strong support 96 & tested $100
- NFLX 200ma support & 7% reversal
- PCLN, FB, AMZN, & GOOGL all ended green
- XLE sector are 1 of the best performers today, XOM<XEC & FANG all moved 5% higher
- SCTY 2nd day sell.
- FSLR strongest on Solars
- BIDU & BABA both found buyers on support.
Biotechs: IBB sector has suffered most slumped on recent sell off. Some biotechnames that reverses 10% off lows
- ION, RDUS, ONCE, PBYI
- CELG one of the best pivot as y’day held ‘100″ mightily, ILMN, BIIB & REGN moved higher on 4% avg
- JPM reported better than expected number, beating EPS & Rev & closed +1.5% higher .
- GPRO cuts guidance & slumped another 15% , tagging along AMBA on the sell off.
- INTC reported AH, beats current Qtr but missed guidance as a result down 3% to $30 level
Notable Earnings Jan 15.
- C, WFC & BLK